Aguilar Tonehammer 500
Based on the popular Tone Hammer pedal this superlight bass head combines 3 bands of flexible EQ, a colorful “Drive” control, and 500 watts of power in a 4 lb package. The Tone Hammer 500 will give you the legendary “Aguilar Sound” while still fitting into the accessory pouch of most gig bags – the perfect choice for bass players on the go.
Power and Ohm
- Maximum Power Output
- 500 watts @ 4 ohms, 250 watts @ 8 ohms
- Minimum Load Impedance
- Changes the volume of the signal the Active 3 Band EQ.
- Fully adjustable, featuring Aguilar’s proprietary AGS(adaptive gain shaping) circuit.
- Controls the Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
- Controls the overall volume of the amplifier.
- +/- 17 dB @ 40 Hz
- +/- 16 dB
- Mid Frequency
- 180 Hz – 1 kHz
- +/- 14 dB @ 4 kHz
- Input Pad
- -10dB input pad
- Mutes the amplifier.
- Selects what signal will be delivered by the DI output. Selecting PRE, sends a clean copy of your input bass signal. Selecting POST delivers a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, eq, master, etc.)
- Ground Lift
- Lifts the ground of the DI XLR output. If a ground noise in you DI signal is experienced, try changing the setting of this control.
- Speaker out
- Connects the amplifier to your cabinet.
- Pre Amp Out
- This output connects the preamp to a different power amp.
- Balanced Output
- Output to balanced equipment (mic preamp, console, recorder, compressor, audio interface, etc.) via a standard XLR jack.
- Effect Loop
- Series operation. Adds 6 dB of additional gain, making it useful for a broad range of effects units.
- 8.25" W x 7.5" D x 3" H
- 3 lbs