BN4 Transparent Red Burst
F-bass is a Canadian brand that was founded by George Furlanetto in 1978. Over the years, these basses have been moulded into a perfect combination of classic sound and modern comfort. George continues to improve his basses through deep research and to spar with some of the best bass players in the world.
The body is made of ash and the fingerboard is made of ebony for the fast response and attack.
With the volume/volume, tone and the three-band all boost EQ you have a ton of possibilities for sculpting your sound meticulously to fit your needs.
I’m especially in love with the sound of the neck pickup which has that classic raw power of a P bass.
The pickups are F-bass’ own stacked single-coil/ hum-cancelling pickups. When you pull out the bridge volume knob, you have selected the hum-cancelling mode, which is perfect if you have 50Hz-60Hz hum problem in the studio while recording.
- Body Wood
- Transparent Red Burst
- Body Finish
- Matte sheen
- Neck Wood
- 3 PC Quater-Sawn Maple
- Matched Headstock
- Fingerboard Radius
- 10" - 16"
- Fret Size
- The frets are nickel and are wide, medium height, with a flattened pyramid shape. Nickel preferred over steel as it has a slightly sweeter tone and the medium profile ensures you’re hearing more of the fingerboard while also not pushing the note out of tune…like some taller fretwire.
- Width at the last fret
- Neck Construction
- 3 Pc Quater-Sawn Maple
- Neck Carve
- Modern shape….slightly thin to medium with an asymmetrical carve where the treble side carve is a little more aggressive from the centre of the neck to the fingerboard edge. This makes for a faster feel while still keeping thick enough for comfort to avoid premature hand cramping
- Truss Rod
- Two-way truss rod with a 4mm wrench
- Scale Lenght
- F Bass Preamp
- Two F Bass stacked, single coil/hum-cancelling, magnetic pickups with exposed Poles
- First Row: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume (push for single-coil, pull for hum-cancelling), Master Tone (push for active, pull for passive)
Second Row: Bass Boost, Mid Boost, Treble Boost
- 20mm A Style Bridge (Setup with 19,5mm Spacing)
- Bridge Spacing
- 19,5 mm
- Tuning Machines
- Black Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
- Control knobs
- Handmade African Blackwood
- Heavily padded F Bass gig bag