F Bass VF5-PJ
You might also want to connect with us on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or by email.
Out of stock
F-bass is a Canadian brand that was founded by George Furlanetto in 1978.
Over the years, these basses have been molded into a perfect combination of classic sound and modern comfort. George continues to improve his basses through deep research and sparring with some of the best bass players in the world.
This bass is for the vintage lover with a passion for the modern build quality.
The body wings are made of alder and covered with ebony while the center piece is made of ash. The fingerboard is rosewood and the neck is maple.
The Preamp is the F-bass preamp with Volume/Volume, Tone and the all boost three-band EQ.
The pickups are the Aguilar AG J-HC & AG P-60 pickups, and they just match perfectly with this bass, seeing the warm vintage nature of this beauty spring to life.
The VF-PJ5 is the embodiment of the sound of the 60’ and 70’, but still very powerful, clean and organic.
- Body Wood
- 2pc Ash
- Red Fade
- Body Finish
- Neck Wood
- Flat-Sawn Maple
- Fingerboard Radius
- 9" - 14"
- Fret Size
- The frets are Nickel and are wide, medium height, with a flattened pyramid shape. Nickel preferred over steel as it has a slightly sweeter tone and the medium profile ensures you’re hearing more of the fingerboard while also not pushing the note out of tune…like some taller fretwire.
- 45mm (1 3/4")
- Width at the last fret
- 76mm (3")
- Neck Construction
- 1 piece flat-sawn Maple
- Neck Carve
- Modern shape….slightly thin to medium with an asymmetrical carve where the treble side carve is a little more aggressive from the centre of the neck to the fingerboard edge. This makes for a faster feel while still keeping thick enough for comfort to avoid premature hand cramping
- Truss Rod
- Two-way truss rod with a 4mm wrench
- Scale Lenght
- F Bass Preamp
- First Row: Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone (push for active, pull for passive) Second Row: Bass Boost, Mid Boost, Treble Boost
- Hipshot Bent Plate Steel
- Bridge Spacing
- Tuning Machines
- Black Gotoh tuners with 20:1 ratio
- Control knobs
- Heavily padded F Bass gig bag