Genzler 4 On The Floor Classic Overdrive
4 On The Floor Classic Overdrive
The 4 ON THE FLOOR™ Classic Bass Overdrive is an ALL ANALOG bass overdrive pedal that gracefully emulates 4 different overdrive types found in classic tube circuit topologies and then gives the player additional control over drive/gain, overdrive path (only) with high pass and low pass filters and separately a clean blend. The result is the ability to tailor and fine tune the overdrive to fit with a wide spectrum of music and playing techniques, without the loss of touch sensitivity, musicality, or the addition of induced excess noise. This versatile pedal can be used as a clean boost, an “always on” tonal enhancement, or offering varied overdrive textures to shift through, for selected performance requirements.
1st GEAR: Reminiscent of a tube amp’s clean channel (including natural harmonics) with a bit of overdriven tone when driven hard. A nice “always-on” selection.
2nd GEAR: Emulates a tube amp’s mildly overdriven tone, with a small amount of dynamically compliant clipping asymmetry. This is a natural feeling, touch sensitive algorithm with very mild compression that responds with more texture and complexity, the harder you dig in.
3rd GEAR: A more aggressive up-shift from 2nd gear, this moderate, asymmetrical overdrive is less compliant, with greater compression for a tighter feel.
4th GEAR: This is the most aggressive gear of all — a heavier, symmetrical, low compliance overdrive that can enter distortion territory when driven hard. While there are a lot of harmonics and compression present, this gear does not give up tone or feel.
- This control adjusts the drive to the analog overdrive engine, the higher the control the greater the overdrive.
- Drive Volume
- This control adjusts the level of the overdriven signal path present at the output of the pedal.
- Clean Volume
- This control adjusts the level of the clean signal path present at the output of the pedal
- Driver Select (Gear)
- This 4 position switch works like the 4 speed gearshift on the transmission of your favorite classic car, selecting one of four available drive algorithms.
- High Pass (Low Cut) Filter
- This control is a variable frequency low cutoff of the signal into the overdrive engine. Increasing the frequency of this roll-off, reduces the low frequency energy and helps retain the articulation and note definition with higher overdrive settings. This filter does not affect the clean path.
- Low Pass (High Cut) Filter
- This control is a variable frequency high cutoff of the signal out of the overdrive engine. Reducing the frequency of this roll-off reduces the high frequency energy in the overdriven signal and can mellow out the tone of the overdriven signal. This filter does not affect the clean path.
- Drive Sensitivity
- High sensitivity is the normal mode and is suitable for most basses, the low sensitivity position gives a greater range of control for very hot bass preamps.
- Pressing the footswitch alternates the pedal’s operation between BYPASS mode (RED LED) and ACTIVE mode (BLUE LED). No controls on the pedal will function in bypass mode.
- VDC-18VDC (low noise type), either polarity (auto-detecting), 40mA max (Power supply not included).
- 1/4" Pedal input, nominally instrument level but can accept line level with the sensitivity switch set low. Input impedance is 1M
- Power Jack
- This pedal contains circuitry that auto-detects both the voltage and polarity of the attached power supply. The pedal will function properly from 9V to 18V, center positive or center negative polarity
- 1/4" Pedal output, nominally instrument level but can output up to line level with the DRIVE and CLEAN volumes turned up.
- 12,7cm x 10,4cm x 5,9cm
- 0,5 kg