Genzler Magellan 800
Inspired by the courage and spirit of exploration, the MAGELLAN® 800 represents the pinnacle in the next generation in lightweight, high-output, versatile, bass amplification. With our years of research, design and manufacturing expertise, we’ve developed this model utilizing stringent design parameters for form, function, fit and finish. The result is an 800 watt professional high-powered tour-class bass guitar amplifier weighing only 2.83 Kg!
This is exactly what players have come to expect from the GENZLER® design team — performance, versatility and reliability. From natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument to classic, vintage harmonic textures with “weighted feel to the notes”, the MG-800 provides the tonal palette needed to cover all of the bassist’s amplifier requirements.
The expanded feature set and output power level make this amplifier an essential tool on the global stage, and with its universal power supply, the MAGELLAN® 800can be used with any voltage around the world without modification.
POWER AMP – The MAGELLAN™ 800 uses a state of the art, class D power amplifier design and a high frequency auto-sensing universal switch-mode power supply (SMPS) to achieve unprecedented high performance and lightweight packaging. There are no Voltage Switches to change or jumpers to move. This SMPS senses the line voltage from 100-240 Volts and automatically configures itself.
Power and Ohm
- 400W/8 Ohms, 800W/4 Ohms and 800W/2.67 Ohms
- Minimum Speaker Load: 2.67 Ohms
- Operating Power condition
- 100 – 240V, 50/60 Hz
- INPUT PAD SWITCH
- Attenuation of -8.5dB
- CLEAN, voiced to provide natural, pristine, transparent reproduction of the bass instrument. DRIVE, voiced to provide a more “driven” tonal signature and harmonic content along with a softer top end and more relaxed low frequency response.
- A/B CONTOUR
- Continuously variable control of 2 vastly different response curves. In either CURVE position, when the SHAPE control is all the way off (CCW) the response curve is completely FLAT. Curve A (Blue) — a variable pre-shaped curve that boosts lows and highs while simultaneously cutting mids. The slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve covers a wide range of sounds from flat to classic to modern depending on the position of the SHAPE control. Curve B (Amber) — a variable pre-shaped curve with attenuated high mids and highs, a low mid bump, and a slight roll-off of the lowest bass frequencies. Again, the slopes are fairly gentle which keep the tone shaping very musical. This curve is intended to provide sounds in the range of vintage amps and vintage cabinets that do not have tweeters.
- ACTIVE EQUALIZATION
- 3 band equalizer with a sweepable parametric mid-range frequency control.
- +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 75Hz
- +/- 15dB boost/cut of the variable mid frequency selected
- Variable mid frequency from 150Hz-3kHz
- +/- 15dB boost/cut shelving curve with a corner frequency of 6kHz
- XLR DIRECT OUTPUT
- Mic / Line Switch Pre / Post EQ Switch Ground Lift Switch
- Tuner Output
- Tuner Output
- Head Phones
- Head Phones
- Foot Switch
- Channel switching (Foot switch not included)
- Speaker Out
- Dual Speakon
- Instrument Input
- For your bass
- Aux input
- For music
- 76.2mm H x 285.75mm W x 266.7mm D