Darkglass Microtubes 900v2
Back in 2016, Darkglass Electronics released our first bass amplifier, the Microtubes 900. An uncompromising model, incredibly versatile and unapologetically loud, its features and design embodied the Darkglass ethos like none of the brand’s previous products.
Now we are proud to introduce the next step in our bass amplification evolution, Microtubes 900 v2.
Microtubes 900 v2 features both of Darkglass’ celebrated Microtubes engines. From the powerful dynamic saturation circuit from the B3K, to the classic overdriven tone from the Vintage Microtubes, clean, classic and metal tones are only a step away.
Our signature drive engine adds incredible girth and size to the overdriven signal, but the studio-grade VCA compressor also adds an extra layer of control. Add in the ultra-quiet 6-band graphic equalizer and you have an amplifier that can help sculpt the tone from aggressive and overdriven, to warm and punchy and all the way to crystal clear clean sounds’. Whatever your tone needs may be, Microtubes 900 v2 features all the options the modern, professional bassist needs in a compact, sleek and powerful format.
However, that’s not all. The MIDI programmability and impulse response cabinet simulation, with up to three different storable virtual cabinets, make the Microtubes 900 v2 not only most complete amplifier for the touring musician, but combined with the auxiliary input and headphone output, the ideal tools for silent practicing too.
Power and Ohm
- Maximum Power Output
- 900 Watts RMS @ 4Ω (1Khz full blast 2 min max) 20%THD (450 Watts RMS @ 8Ω)
- Minimum Load Impedance
- 4Ω (2Ω in 2Ω mode)
- Changes the volume of the signal the Active 4 Band EQ. You can set it low prior to ensuring the cleanest operation possible or set it higher for more aggressive growl.
- This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Alpha·Omega Engine. The makeup gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turned off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
- This knob controls the amount of distortion that the Alpha·Omega Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft, warm overdrive to a massive and modern distortion sound.
- This knob controls the high harmonic content of the Microtubes Engine via a variable low pass filter: crank it up for additional attack and definition or dim it down for a smoother sound, especially handy if already running bright clean EQ setting or cabinets with tweeters.
- Controls the Microtubes Engine’s output volume.
- Use this knob to mix between the Clean signal and the Distortion signal (Alpha·Omega Engine).
- Controls the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Headphone Volume
- Controls the volume of the headphone output.
- +-12dB at 80Hz. Changes the low content of the signal.
- +-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic EQ control the mid content of the signal.
- +-12dB at 5kHz. Use this knob to change the high content of the signal
- Switch from passive to active mode. Some active basses can have a hotter signal output which can make the amp distort early (feel free to use it on Passive move even with active basses if such additional distortion is desired).
- Use this push button to turn on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage. The Microtubes Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 4 Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping in addition to the Tone knob described below)
- This push-button switch selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
- Mutes the amplifier.
- Cabinet select
- Switches between 3 different cabinet impulses and bypass this section for a rawer sound.
- Press when using a 2Ω load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4Ω cabinet is not able to handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8Ω cabinet in this configuration).
- Selects what signal will be delivered by the DI output. Selecting PRE, sends a clean copy of your input bass signal. Selecting POST delivers a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, eq, master, etc.)
- Ground Lift
- Lifts the ground of the DI XLR output. If a ground noise in you DI signal is experienced, try changing the setting of this control.
- Speaker out
- Connects the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or ¼” speaker cable operation. *WARNING: Do not use an instrument cable with this jack. Using an instrument cable can damage your amplifier.
- Pre Amp Out
- This output connects the preamp to a different power amp.
- Pre DI Output
- Use this connector to send a balanced copy of your clean signal to the console, mic preamp, interface, etc.
- The midi input allows you to control the channels of the amp via a midi standard controller.
- The Intelligent Footswitch is a proprietary digitally controlled device that allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Alpha·Omega Engine. You can also hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The distortion push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in. · You can use a regular mono instrument cable to connect the amplifier to the footswitch. You must remove the cable from the footswitch jack in the rear panel if you want to control the amp from the front panel.
- Connect your Headphones and enjoy the impulse response cabinet emulation.
- The USB connector allows you to use the Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp (midi, compressor, etc.).
- Aux In
- Use this connector to provide to the Headphone output music from your laptop, cellphone, mp3 player, etc.
- POST DI
- Use this connector to connect the Alpha·Omegavv 900 preamplifier to balanced equipment (mic preamp, console, recorder, compressor, audio interface, etc.) via a standard XLR jack. Using this connection you have a signal processed by the preamp of the amp (gain, distortion, EQ, master, etc.).
- 26.7cm l x 7cm h 25.5 w (10.5”l x 2.75”h x 10”w)
- 2.9Kg (6.39Lbs)